As promised... here are some goals for the new year and thereafter:
Spend less time on the computer. Yeah, right - and here I am typing away. At any rate, those of you with whom I used to regularly correspond know I've already been doing that. But it still wants to suck me in for any number of important/not so important things I need/want to do. Like making these lists, for instance.
Exercise more. I never thought I'd ever consider myself sedentary, but I seem to be headed that way. Sitting in front of a computer for hours at a time doesn't help. Not that long ago (life before computers) I used to hike & bike regularly and kayak occasionally. Years ago I used to dance my ass off at least once or twice a week, back when we still had live bands at the clubs. At this point of my life, I'm seriously considering taking up square dancing.
Learn how to discuss/debate calmly, without being sarcastic or getting agitated and raising my voice. I SO admire people that can do this!
Write more. Zillions of ideas and the occasional profound thought are spinning through my head constantly. Committing them to "paper" would be a good exercise for the brain. Of course this is in direct conflict to "spend less time on the computer."
Try to be less wordy. Obviously conflicts with above.
Do the crossword puzzle. Another good exercise for the brain. Also another good time sucker-upper. Conflicts with "get caught up" (see below.)
Work on relationships. This is a biggie. Aside from my husband, my family, and a very small handful of friends, I don't seem to be able to make relationships work very well. It used to be, before I met my husband, it was mainly men that broke my heart. Now its mainly women. I think I have a friend and.. after a period of time I start getting the "I'll call you" syndrome. Am I coming across as pushy or needy? I don't think so. I certainly try not to. Maybe I'm just boring as hell. Whatever - I need to figure this thing out.
Realize that when people kiss my ass, they're probably kissing everyone else's ass, too.
Strengthen family bonds. I've a whole tribe of relatives in Canada I've never met! Not surprising seeing my mom was one of eleven children.
Write a letter to the editor. I actually did that yesterday, but I just signed my initial and last name so I don't think they'll print it. Was I chickening out?
Eat better, eat less. This is doable. Already my eating habits have swung back into healthy mode, not difficult considering the abundance of wonderful fresh locally grown fruits and veggies in the area where I live. On top of that, I've been around 95% meat free for the last 3-4 months, and I've yet to turn into a raving beast.
Drink less alcohol. Not that I'm a huge drinker, but it tends to creep up. And when it approaches a glass of beer most week nights plus several over the weekend, that adds up to.... a lot of damn beer. The liver takes note.
Quit leaving stupid comments on other people's blogs. OK, I've pretty much stopped that. But I'm still tempted from time to time.
Think before I speak.
Get organized (ha ha)
Get caught up (another big laugh)
Give myself credit.
Get over it.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, i've got to say this is a great list and seein' as how you havn't posted since this you have done very well towards the first item on your list!
You left a comment at "the time being" towards me so I thought i'd stop by!
Good luck and
Merrrry
Chrrristmas!
Post a Comment