Friday, June 26, 2009

no one's blogging

I thought someone might have something to say about Michael Jackson. I'm more sad about Farrah Fawcett. Two cultural icons dead on the same day. Sigh..

My last class is today. This being the second of a series of web design classes I started a few months ago. The next class has more to do with the actual design process, rather than the mechanics (html etc) which I've been learning. Sounds pretty fun, but I think I'll take a break so I can go back and review what I've learned so far, and maybe build another practice website. I also need the time to learn Photoshop. I just ordered The Lost Manual, I hope it helps as I've had minimal luck with the online tutorials. Meanwhile, I've jumped in to our quilt guild's website and started updating a few things. Its way more sophisticated than the simple "from scratch" pages I've been building, but knowledge of html is extremely helpful in order to work with this.

Today is one of those days I woke up with half my brain still asleep. I've accomplished next to nothing. Meanwhile my friend Nola called me and wants me to meet her and our friend Kris up in Shasta in a couple weeks, spend one night, then drive to Reno where her kids live. I'd be in Reno two nights at the most then drive back home. As much as I'd love to see everyone, I just can't get my head around all that driving - approx 15 hrs in 4 days. Not loving to drive (putting it mildly) the stress would outweigh the fun. Plan B would be to skip Shasta, opting to drive from here to Reno to see Nola while she's there, which would only be ten hours (5 each way). Nola says if I don't want to do that, she'll drive down here for a day, which would totally guilt me out for being such a slug. Did I mention she's already driving 30+ hrs from Alaska? Is it just me, or does this sound a bit manic? Makes me feel like curling up with a pillow over my head.

I hate days like this. Grrrrr.... bleah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, i'd be lazy about all the driving, too. So boring.

I haven't mentioned MJ cos 1) i never really liked his music, and 2) before he died he couldn't get a mention on the news, yet now he's the greatest thing of all time? Does anyone remember his whacky lifestyle? Plus, he was broke. He once spent $6 million on a shopping spree IN ONE DAY. And he was spending about $20 million more a year than he had. He was a deeply flawed, sad human being but being dead shouldn't elevate him to godlike status. There.

As for Farrah, i always liked her, she seemed like a sweet lady. And she was very brave battling cancer. What a horrible way to go.

veleska1970 said...

i'm tired of hearing about michael jackson. i liked some of his music, but i wasn't really a fan. i just wish they would lay him to rest and move on. poor farrah~~she was kinda forgotten with all the bruhaha over michael.

i need to take some computer classes. i would like to learn html. computers have advanced so much since i was in high school!!

i've had days when i woke up and my brain didn't. i think today is one of those!!

have a safe trip to reno.

Queen Hatshepsut said...

Both Farrah and Michael died on what would've been my dad's 67th b-day. I was in Palm Springs so that's why you haven't heard from me until now.

I am so sick of MJ coverage I could scream. Now that the memorial is over hopefully it will die down. I felt so sorry for Farrah. She went in a terrible way.

I HATE long drives in the car. My brain is almost always half asleep. I am the biggest slug that ever lived. HAHA! I became slug-like when I got fibromylagia. Before that I actually wanted to move around, haha.

Sorry my comment is so late!