Thursday, July 09, 2009

the week in news

1. Inspired by Denise, I re-upped my gym membership and got back on track with my yoga classes. (long story about why I quit in the first place ~) Started back on Monday - sore as hell - but fired up and feeling good. Thanks, D.

2. My cat has killed at least a dozen hummingbirds and a finch in the past two weeks. He is currently on house restriction. So far so good, but he's becoming impatient. This is not a lasting solution.

3. My good friend Kennette suddenly lost one of her best friends a few days ago. Brain aneurysm. She was in her early 30's. Message: life is short and you never know what the hell is around the damn corner.

4. I just booked a flight to Reno. $250, so what. Fuck the haircutting class. I want to see Nola.

3 comments:

veleska1970 said...

1. good on ya for getting back into the groove!! and you're already feeling better. ;)

2. i had to laugh at your cat. he's a one-man army.

3. sorry about your friend's friend. you're right~~you never know when your number's up.

4. have a safe trip. seeing your friend will do your soul good.

Anonymous said...

Great on the plane ticket! There's always a way. Helps if you're made of money, but there's always a way.

Horrified about your cat. Hummingbirds? WTF? They move like the wind, how did your cat get them? I've never heard of a cat getting them.

Queen Hatshepsut said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about Kennette's friend. God life is so unpredictable - you're right, you don't know what's around the corner. She was so young. :(

I had to laugh at your cat. House restriction! He's a one cat killing machine! The Bird Terminator.

Wow - I can't believe I inspired anyone to do anything - but I'm so glad you're back in the gym with yoga, etc. I have missed my Curves what with being sick and all and can't wait to go back. Any inspiration you got from me - you're more than welcome!