Sunday, March 07, 2010

Geez

Its been so long since I've posted, I have, once again, forgotten how to get into my own blog. I hate all this username/password shit. I can never remember any of them for more than five minutes.

Anyway.... I got my tickets to see The Church next month in San Francisco. This will be the first time in what, eight years, I haven't traveled anywhere further away to see them. This concert seems like strange timing, don't you think? No new album, no big build-up, just sort of a random tour. And less than a year since they were here last. I like the concept of it, taking a song from each album. I hope they mix it up a little, and skip some of the usual stand-by's. Like, wouldn't it be nice if they skipped UTMW altogether and chose something like Antenna? And wouldn't it be cool if they played Belair? or.. Sisters? (By the way, check out Fipster's discography if you haven't been there lately. He's added links to the videos of a bunch of the songs. Although I have to admit some of them are pretty silly.) Anyway, its kinda fun thinking about which songs they might pick (but probably won't ~)

Cool. My link works!

2 comments:

veleska1970 said...

yeah, i was happy about this tour, too, until i found out that they won't be coming to dallas. in fact, they're skipping the southern states entirely, just like last time. i haven't seen them since 2006, when they did their last acoustic tour.

i think this is their 30th anniversary tour. and i like the concept of it, too. i'm with you~~hopefully they will mix it up a bit and play different songs than the standard ones.

i had thought about scraping some money together and flying to los angeles to meet denise and see them, but with my new job now i don't see any way to do it. so it looks like i'll have to miss out on the church experience once again!! **sniffle**

thanks for the link. i haven't been to fipster in a looooonnnng time.

Anonymous said...

Very excited you get to see them. Wish i could come with you!

Does seem like a lot of bands tour BEFORE new albums lately. And tour schedules are crazy too.

Hope you have a great time.