Sunday, July 18, 2010

blessings

Everything is relative.

No matter where you are, if you look around you you'll see people that have more and people who have less. Where I'm at is pretty much exactly where I want to be.

Sounding a little bit cliche here, I know.

The good news is, after ten months of unemployment my husband got a job. Its with a local company, so he doesn't have to commute. Its less stress than his last job. He likes the company. After three months, we will both have medical insurance. The bad news is, crummy pay. He just got his first paycheck. Its barely above what he got on unemployment. No matter, as we paid off our house a few years ago and we don't have a lot of bills.

What I did today: Walked the neighborhood on a gorgeous morning; watered and weeded while it was still cool out; spent a good portion of the rest of the day sewing while listening to birds singing and wind chimes chiming through the window; made and consumed a glorious dinner.

What we had for dinner tonight:

Fritatta made from eggs from my friend's chicken ranch, broccoli I grew in my flower bed, a couple slices of bacon from our local smokehouse, Gouda cheese from Amsterdam - a gift from our friends who were visiting from Germany a couple weeks ago.

Salad: Watsonville organic greens, fresh basil I grew, lemon cucumbers I grew, tomato from the farmers market - dressed with basil infused olive oil and pomegranate balsamic, a splurge from the Temecula Olive Oil Company (we were down there last weekend for our niece's wedding).

A glass on nice Chardonnay.

We are so blessed to live where we live.

Spinning as we speak: The Ghost In You, Psychedelic Firs.

Later tonight we'll plug in another episode of The Sopranos ~

Friday my best friend is coming to visit.

Can it get any better than this?

I love you all ~

Sandy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. However, you are so green i want to puke! Seriously, i am very envious. You sound like you have a really great thing going on there. You deserve it.

I'm glad hubby got the job. Maybe not enough pay, but i think it's good to get out of the house and mix with people and use your brain.

daydreamer said...

I don't blame you. I almost threw up when I re-read it. Oh.. la-de-dah... bleah!!

Queen Hatshepsut said...

What a great post. I'm happy for your hubby getting the job, even if the pay kinda sucks.

I like your 'attitude of gratitude' - we do all have blessings to be grateful for.

And you are green. It's a good thing!

D.

veleska1970 said...

SAAAANNNNNNDY!!!! where ya been? what cha been up to?? it is great to hear from you. i have wondered about you and was hoping everything was well with you.

that is excellent news about your husband.

sounds like you're having a ball right now. enjoy it. :)