I've fallen way behind on your blogs. I inadvertently deleted the links from my own (neglected) blog so now have no way of checking in as I didn't save them as favorites. I'm not sure how to remedy this. I tried for an hour this afternoon to set up new links but only got frustration. I can't seem to manipulate my template. Maybe I have to switch to a new template? Fuck. Maybe I should forget the whole thing. Anyway, I hope ;you all had a wonderful Christmas. We just got back from four days in Southern Cal (including travel days) visiting family and friends. The usual; ate too much, drank too much, sat on our asses too much and now I feel like a slug. Meanwhile I took a load of my homemade jams down for gifts, which I hope everyone appreciates. Its hard to tell. Did I tell you I also made hot pepper jelly? We served some with cream cheese on xmas day and everyone seemed to love it.
I'm taking this week off. My sister and her husband were here all last week until we left on vacation, and will be back Wednesday thru new years. Today is a reprieve to do laundry, catch up on things, etc. All I can say is having guests is sort of a love/hate thing. I love my sister and have really looking forward to seeing and spending time with her. But our house is small so it really impacts us. My sewing room doubles as the guest room, not to mention all my clothes are in there. The dining room table is also an issue as its the only table and it "catches all" then I have to turn it around and set it for meals. Its easier in the summer when we can spend time (and serve meals) out on the patio. Its raining at the moment and is supposed to continue for a few days, which will limit things we can do. It would be nice to go hiking, for instance. WE may go wine tasting on Wed. We don't usually do much on NY Eve. This probably sounds cold, but I'm looking forward to getting my sewing room back. Am I being a bitch?
Bruce needs to find a job. In another five months our COBRA will triple, taking more than half my income. That stupid health care bill they passed is a fucking joke. I can't think of anyone who benefits except the insurance companies. It actually makes things worse for most of us. To say I'm extremely disappointed is an understatement. Meanwhile my income is down by around 40%. At least I have a job.
I keep getting interrupted by phone calls. Bruce wants to put the movie in. We rented Julie and Julia. Gotta go....
(much later) OK I think I'm finally figuring out the link thing (and pictures?). It's still not right though. Ahhggh!! You'd think I'd know how to do this after taking all those damn classes. Geez.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
as you know, i just recently switched templates and it wiped out all my links. i'm going to have to go into it and figure it out again. i'll let you know what i come up with.
our christmas was quiet. we went to ron's mom's house and had dinner. she always has a huge spread. it snowed the day before christmas, so that was a treat.
good on ya for taking the week off. no, i don't think you're being a bitch for wanting your sewing room back. it's hard to put up guests in your home, much as you may love them. we have a small house, too, so i know how you feel. we run into each other, let alone house guests.
i hope bruce can find something soon. and you're right about this insurance bill. it's sad that it passed. the insurance companies get enough already without the government's help.
okaaaayy....here's what you do for the link list:
~click on "customize"
~on the right-hand side, it will say "add a gadget", click on it
~scroll down till you see "link list"
~i had to copy and paste my links into this application. you paste the link in the box that has the "http:/" in it. then at the bottom you name the link. it will then say "add link". click on that, and then it's done.
today's word verif: stshobb. i read this as "shit shob." yeah, i think that was the kind of year 2009 was, LOL.
You're not a bitch. I love my family too but dread them staying here. And i only have guests like once every 3 years! But remember the saying that guests are like fish, they're only good for around 3 days.
I didn't know the health bill had passed. I thought it was at the Senate now. And why would your COBRA triple? That sounds bizarre. I think the insurance companies are just ramping up their billing before the health bill passes so they're rolling in cash before it even starts.
Thanks, V, it took me half the day but I finally figured it out. I actually did the cut-and-paste thing using HTML first before I figured out the "easy" way. Sheesh.
As far as the health bill, my understanding (i could be wrong) is it passed the Senate, totally gutted of anything useful. I think it goes back to the House again? Maybe they can redeem it somewhat? I"m not hopeful.
Agree with y'all on the health bill. It sucks. Stinks. Bites. I FUCKING HATE insurance companies and the fact that they may actually BENEFIT...I can't even see straight.
And you are NOT a bitch. I live in a one bedroom apartment and the only person I've had stay over is my mom. After about two days it gets nuts in here.
I am sadly still in the same boat as Bruce. If I don't get a teaching job this year I literally don't know what I'm going to do. Menial office work I guess.
How did you like Julie and Julia? I thought it was cute. Meryl Streep was her usual brilliant self.
Glad you got your links figured out. : )
Post a Comment